We are a luxury design brand with an unwavering commitment to crafting products that are built to last—from timepieces to leather goods, jewelry to audio. Founded in 2011, our company operates an in-house watch and leather factory on the fifth floor of the historic Argonaut Building, where a team of artisans hand assembles luxury timepieces and crafts premium leather straps. We create opportunities for our team members through skilled training and partner with legacy companies around the world to manufacture specialty items. With quality at our foundation, we celebrate thoughtful design and the beauty of industry through every product we make.
EMPLOYEES & PARTNERS
Today, Shinola employs over 500 people, with an average of 100 in manufacturing at any given time depending on the production needs. We proudly design all of our products in Detroit and globally source the best possible components. We also work with seasoned manufacturers both in the United States and around the world that meet our high standards of quality across a variety of categories.
- In 2012, we transformed 12,000 square feet of raw space into a state-of-the-art watch factory in Detroit.
- Our watch teams had extensive training through Ronda AG, our Swiss partner. We continue to train local members of our team on the fine craft of movement and watch assembly.
- Our production combines meticulous hand-assembly with the most advanced technology available to ensure our watches are both beautiful and built to last.
- Our factory assembles between 500 and 700 watches per day.
- More than 30 people participate in the assembly of a single watch.
- Every Shinola watch is built in Detroit with Swiss and other imported parts.
INDUSTRY LEADING GUARANTEES: We hold ourselves to high quality standards, and we’re proud to offer a limited lifetime warranty on our core watch styles. Also best-in-class, our 3-year limited warranty on our Detrola Watch Collection is another testament to our core values.
THE LIMITED LIFETIME GUARANTEE: Because we hold ourselves to high quality standards, every Shinola watch is guaranteed for life under our limited lifetime warranty. It’s an industry-leading guarantee and a testament to our core values.